BAR TEN Appraisals Inc., Brian Landis Qualifications
Bar Ten Appraisals, Inc. specializes in farm, ranch, and rural property appraisals in south east Kansas.
2015 to present: Founded Bar Ten Appraisals, Inc., an independent fee appraisal company providing fee appraisal services in southeast Kansas. Responsible for all facets of company development and appraisal functions.
1984 to 2015: Frontier Farm Credit. Held several loan officer positions all of which required some appraisal work. From August of 1988 until retirement in January 2015 was a full time staff appraiser specializing in farm, ranch and rural residential type properties. Position involved general rural appraisal work in an assigned territory, sales database development and management and valuation consultations with the lending staff.
1981 to 1983: AgriStor Credit Corporation. A division of A. O. Smith Corporation providing retail and lease financing for the Harvestore feed storage systems and Slurrystore manure handling systems. Major responsibilities included credit analysis and portfolio management.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Economics
Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
Graduated with Cum Laude Honors in 1981
- Associate member in the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers - have not completed required education and testing for Accreditation.
- Regular Member “B” of the Kansas Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers; have previously served on the Board of Directors and as President.
Have successfully completed the following courses offered by the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers:
- Fundamentals of Rural Appraisal (A-10)
- Principles of Rural Appraisal (A-20)
- Advanced Rural Appraisal (A-30)
- Code of Ethics and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
- Certification School (A-45)
- Report Writing Seminar
- Highest and Best Use Seminar (A-29)
- Fractional Interest Seminar
- Rural Business Valuation Seminar
- Appraising Land in Transition Seminar
- Minerals Appraisal Seminar
Currently certified as a “Certified General Real Property Appraiser” by the Kansas Real Estate Appraisal Board.
Learn more about Bar Ten Appraisals, Inc.
Feel free to browse our site to learn more about our services, appraiser qualifications, or our company. You can also contact us at (620) 256-6753 or you can complete our confidential contact form.